Welcome to a delightful culinary journey as we explore the heavenly world of chocolate almond puffy pastry twists! Indulge your senses with this delectable recipe that combines the rich, velvety taste of chocolate with the nutty goodness of almonds, all wrapped in a flaky, buttery puffy pastry.
Get ready to impress your taste buds and your guests with this scrumptious treat that's perfect for any occasion. Let's dive in and uncover the secrets behind creating these irresistible twists that are sure to become your new favorite dessert.
Firstly, What Are Chocolate Almond Puffy Pastry Twists?
Chocolate almond puffy pastry twists are delicious treats made from puff pastry that is filled with a mixture of chocolate and almonds, then twisted into a spiral shape before baking1https://tasty.co/recipe/chocolate-almond-braid. The puff pastry becomes flaky and light, while the chocolate and almond filling adds a delightful flavor and texture.
These twists are often enjoyed as a sweet snack or dessert. They are relatively simple to make and perfect for indulging in a tasty pastry delight2https://thefeedfeed.com/owlbbaking/almond-puff-pastry-twists-with-chocolate-drizzle.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
- Fat: 15g
- Carbs: 17g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 12g
- Protein : 4g
The Recipe for Chocolate Almond Puffy Pastry Twists
- Prep Time: 5minutes
- Cook Time: 40minutes
- Total Time: 45minutes
- Yield: 5 pastry
Equipments and Kitchen Utensils Used in the Recipe
- Baking sheet or tray
- Parchment paper or silicone baking mat
- Rolling pin
- Pastry brush
- Knife or pizza cutter
- Measuring cups and spoons
- pastry cutter
- 4oz of almond paste (not marzipan, if you don't have almond paste, just add the ⅓ c granulated sugar as noted below and add 1 tsp almond extract)
- ⅓ cup of granulated sugar
- All-purpose flour (for rolling)
- 1 sheet of store bought puff pastry (defrosted but not warm)
- 2-3 tablespoons of butter (melted - salted or unsalted can be used as there is no additional salt in this recipe)
- 3oz of milk or dark chocolate
- Sliced almonds for decorating
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Prepare a baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper.
- In a food processor, blend the almond paste and sugar until it is completely homogeneous (or, just sugar and almond extract if you're not using almond paste). Set aside.
- Sprinkle a bit of flour on top of your work surface and on your rolling pin. Roll the pastry out until you have formed a larger rectangle.
- Brush the melted butter on the top of the pastry.
- Generously sprinkle the almond/sugar mixture on top of the buttered pastry and press into the dough firmly.
- Fold the dough in half so that the shorter ends of the rectangle meet. Press down on the dough again.
- Using a pastry wheel or a knife, cut the dough lengthwise into 8 long strips. Then, cut one line down the middle to form 16 strips.
- Press the dough on both ends and twist to form the shape. Place the twists onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until the twists have puffed up and are golden brown.
- Allow the twists to cool on a wire rack.
- Melt chocolate in 10 second intervals in the microwave.
- Using either a fork or a pastry bag, drizzle the chocolate on top of the twists.
- Sprinkle slices almonds on top of the chocolate.
- Allow the chocolate to fully set and serve.
Savor the Bliss: Treat Yourself to Heavenly Chocolate Almond Puffy Pastry Twists
As we reach the sweet conclusion of our chocolate almond puffy pastry twists adventure, one thing is certain – indulgence has never tasted this good!
With every flaky bite, you have experienced the delightful harmony of luscious chocolate and crunchy almonds, creating a symphony of flavors that dance on your palate3https://www.thecomfortofcooking.com/2017/11/easy-chocolate-almond-puff-pastry-braid.html.
Sorry, No FAQ Available!