The modern lifestyle has increasingly separated us from the natural and primordial flow of Earth’s electrons. From helping you get restful sleep to relieving anxiety and stress, a simple acupressure routine with quality grounding acupressure tools will help you manage several physical and mental conditions naturally.
Working of acupressure
In this article
Acupressure works by applying pressure on particular points on the body to release qi. Applications of pressure require precision as around 365 points are located on the major channels. In addition, there are over 650 individual pressure points that help you enhance the quality of your life.
Highlights of acupressure
Acupressure is an alternative healing modality by traditional Chinese medicine and also promoted by Ayurveda. Here are some highlights of acupressure.
- It’s a form of touch therapy that uses the ideologies of acupuncture and Chinese medicine.
- In this treatment, physical pressure is applied to specific points with the aim of clearing blockages.
- It is based on the concept of life energy that flows through the meridian in the body.
- It works on your body when you find a block in its daily function or your certain bodily processes go off track.
- It also relaxes the muscles and sustains improvement within minimum recurrence of the symptoms.
- It corrects the functional imbalances and restores the flow, thus returning the body to a more natural state of well-being.
Grounding meridian points for common conditions
- Back pain acupressure point: the lower back point is also known as the “sea of vitality”. Applying pressure to this point will help you get effective pain relief from your lower back pain and sciatica.Location: the lower back pain acupressure point is approximately located between the second and third vertebrae from the bottom of your spine.
- Stomach acupressure point: the traditional Chinese acupuncturists named the stomach point the “sea of energy”. In addition, applying pressure to the stomach point will help you strengthen the abdominal muscles and eliminate your lower back issues accurately. Location: the stomach point is located approximately two fingers from your naval.
- Headache acupressure point: the headache acupressure point is also known as Hegu. Pressing this acupressure point will help you relieve minor or moderate symptoms of a headache naturally and instantly. Location: the acupressure for headache is located at the base of your thumb and index finger.
- Ankle pain acupressure point: if you want to relieve your swollen and stiff ankles, manipulate the illuminated sea point. For this, place your thumbs one centimetre away from the ankle and apply pressure with both thumbs on both pressure points simultaneously. Location: it is found on the inner side of the ankle, one thumb width below your anklebone.
- Joint pain acupressure point: to get joint pain relief naturally, manual pressure is applied to the points by placing needles into the skin. However, you can also use acupressure tools to get effective results. Location: the knee acupressure point is located at the centre of the backspace of your knee.
- Hipbone acupressure point: it is sometimes referred to as the womb and vitals. Applying gentle pressure to both these hipbone points will provide instant relief from your hip pain, lower back pain, sciatica, and pelvic stress. Location: it is located approximately two fingers width from the larger bony area at the bottom of your spine, midway between the top of your hipbone and the base of your buttocks.
- Neck pain acupressure point: Applying acupressure for neck pain will help you get immediate relief from neck pain and soothe your aching muscles. However, if your neck pain results from an injury or car accident, it’s better to contact your doctor before doing this treatment. Location: the point is located on the back of your neck at the base of the skull.
Other conditions treated by acupressure
High-quality grounding acupressure tools provide a healthy and natural way to dispose of various medical issues. In addition, it works fantastically as a natural remedy for anxiety, stress, and depression.
- Cancer-related issues.
- Endless agony.
- Incessant weakness disorder.
- Joint inflammation.
- Labour pain management.
- Queasiness and regurgitation during pregnancy.
- Respiratory disarranges.
- Sickness or regurgitation after chemotherapy.
- Sickness or regurgitation after surgery.
- Skin-related issues.
- Stress management.
- Stomach-related issues.
- Menstrual cramps.
- Muscle pain.
The five senses
When practicing grounding meridian points, you can focus on the five senses: hearing, sight, smell, taste, and touch. In addition, one useful grounding technique reported by people dealing with bipolar disorder is the 5-4-3-2-1 technique. It is also helpful in reducing panic attacks.
The technique uses the five senses. An individual should search for-
- Five things they can see.
- Four things they can touch.
- Three things they can hear.
- Two things they can smell.
- One thing they can taste.
However, other sensory grounding techniques include:-
- Holding an object, such as a leaf or rock, in their hands.
- Listening to music or the noise of traffic outside.
- Smelling food or flowers.
Grounding techniques are the proven strategies that help a person manage their traumatic memories or strong emotions naturally. You can buy acupressure tools online from a renowned dealer to achieve effective results. Due to its very nature, it will help you release muscular tension, promote blood circulation, and enhance your body’s life force energy to aid healing.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?