How to use Gesticare DHA:
In this article
- 1 Ingredients in Gesticare DHA
- 2 Other Ingredients found in Gesticare DHA
- 3 Essential Ingredients to Look For In a Prenatal Vitamin
- 4 Essential Ingredients Found in Gesticare DHA
- 5 Essential Ingredients Not Found in Gesticare DHA
- 6 Side Effects of Gesticare DHA
Use Gesticare DHA as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Take Gesticare DHA by mouth with or without food. If stomach upset occurs, take with food to reduce stomach irritation.
- Take Gesticare DHA by mouth with a full glass of water (8 oz/240 mL).
- Do not take an antacid within 1 hour before or 2 hours after you take Gesticare DHA.
- Avoid taking Gesticare DHA with dairy products; they may interfere with the absorption of the iron in Gesticare DHA.
- Many medicines (eg, used for infection, blood pressure, osteoporosis, thyroid problems) should not be taken at the same time as Gesticare DHA; their effectiveness may be decreased. Ask your doctor or pharmacist if your dose of Gesticare DHA should be separated from your dose of any of your other medicines.
- If you miss a dose of Gesticare DHA, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Gesticare DHA.
Ingredients in Gesticare DHA
Vitamin B1, Thiamin Mononitrate – 3.0 mg, Vitamin B2, Riboflavin Universal – 3.0 mg, Vitamin B6, Pyridoxine HCl – 50.0 mg, Vitamin B12, Cyanocobalamin – 8.0 ?g, Vitamin C, Ascorbic acid – 120.0 mg, Niacin, Niacinamide – 20.0 mg, Folic acid – 1.0 mg, Iron, Ferrous Fumarate – 28.0 mg, Calcium, Calcium Carbonate – 200.0 mg, Vitamin D, Vitamin D3 – 420.0 IU, Vitamin E, Vitamin E 500 – 30.0 IU, Iodine, Potassium Iodide – 150.0 ?g, Zinc, Zinc Oxide – 15.0 mg, Choline, Choline Bitartrate – 55.0 mg, and 250mg of DHA.
Other Ingredients found in Gesticare DHA
Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, sodium carboxymethylcellulose, magnesium stearate, silicon dioxide, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose silicified microcrystalline cellulose, citric acid, triethyl citrate, polysorbate 80, glycerol monostearate, methacrylic acid-ethyl acrylate copolymer dispersion, polyacrylate dispersion, talc, maltodextrin, dextrose monohydrate, polydextrose, medium chain triglycerides, a cellular red AC aluminum lake, indigo carmine aluminum lake and purified stearic acid.
Essential Ingredients to Look For In a Prenatal Vitamin
When looking into prenatal vitamins there are a few important ingredients to make sure that your prenatal vitamin has. Important ingredients to look for are CoQ10, Ginger, Probiotics, at least (400mcg) of Folate but preferably (800-1000mcg), Vitamin B6 (25-50mg), Calcium (750mg) or more, and (50mg-200mg) of DHA is a must. Choline and Inositol are nice additions and I strongly recommend them. Capsules, soft gels, and liquids are better to take than tablets which are harder to swallow and harder to absorb.
I focus on these ingredients because many prenatal vitamins do not contain these ingredients or do not have the right amounts of these ingredients. There are other important ingredients found in prenatal vitamins, but most prenatal vitamins contain those ingredients.
Essential Ingredients Found in Gesticare DHA
Gesticare DHA has a good amount of quality ingredients. Some of the essential ingredients found in Gesticare DHA are calcium, Vitamin B6, Choline, and DHA. The amount of calcium found in Gesticare DHA is a little low but the other ingredients contain the right percentages. You should look for a Prenatal Vitamin that contains at least 750mg of calcium If your prenatal vitamin does not contain 750mg of calcium you may want to buy a separate calcium supplement.
Essential Ingredients Not Found in Gesticare DHA
The ingredients that I would have liked to have seen in Gesticare DHA are Inositol, Probiotics, Ginger, and CoQ10. These ingredients help cover things from morning sickness to brain development. The reason many of these ingredients are not found in very many Prenatal Vitamin supplements is due to how new the research is that has shown their effectiveness.
Side Effects of Gesticare DHA
As far as side effects from Gesticare they should be similar to most other prenatal vitamins such as nausea and upset stomach. Some of the newer high-quality vitamins help with this.
See your doctor or GP if any of these COMMON side effects continue or become bothersome: Constipation; dark or discolored stools; diarrhea; nausea; stomach upset; vomiting.
Go see your doctor right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); black, tarry stools; blood or streaks of blood in the stools; stomach pain or cramping.
Check this website for a complete list of all the side effects: https://www.fda.gov/medwatch
Overall Rating of Gesticare DHA
Gesticare overall is not all that bad of a prenatal vitamin. I would have liked to see a few more ingredients in this product and that is why it is not one of the top prenatal vitamins on my list.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?